White Tiger Press

• October 25Newspaper Under Construction through Fall 2018

Rajon Rondo to start over Lonzo Ball as young Point Guard recovers from Torn Meniscus.

Andrew, Journalist

(Photo by ClutchPoints)

San Fernando, CA

At the end of the 2017-18 season, Los Angeles Lakers, Lonzo Ball was diagnosed with a torn left meniscus (A common injury in which forceful twisting causes certain tissue in the knee to tear). With the signing of veteran point guard Rajon Rondo who averaged a solid statline of 8.3 points, 4 rebounds, and 8.2 assists as a 6th man. According to Erik Garcia Gunderson Luke Walton said “Certainly right now, Lonzo isn’t ready for 5-on-5 yet. So of course Rondo is going of start. We’ll see who fits well with whom. There’s one school of thought to split up Rondo and LeBron to both have them lead units from a veteran leadership standpoint. There’s another school of thought that you want to have both brains on the floor at the same time to better manipulate a defense.The shorter way to answer the question is that there is nothing determined about who’s going to starts. If the person starts on game 1 that doesn’t mean they’ll start on game 30. I would look at it as a fluid situation at the point guard spot.”

Ball played 52 games in the 2017-18 season and averaged 10.2 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 7.2 assists as a starter.During the offseason the Los Angeles Lakers have signed NBA superstar Lebron James, Michael Beasley, Lance Stephenson, and Javale McGee.On March 22,2018 Rajon Rondo matched up against Lonzo Ball and finished with 24 points, 10 assists, and 2 rebounds to Ball’s 6 points, 9 assists, and 12 rebounds. With the 2018-19 season just around the corner it’s looking like Rondo will be the lakers starting point guard while Ball recovers from his injury.